Recessed: July, August
Moose Jaw Masonic Temple
1755 Main St. North
Constituted: Moose Jaw No. 3, 1906
The first lodge meetings in Moose Jaw were held in leased buildings. Then in 1905 a Masonic Temple was erected at what is now known as 27 Main Street North. However, disaster struck on Sunday January 23, 1921, and the temple was gutted by fire and completely destroyed. Another temple was built. MW Bro G.M Weir, Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Saskatchewan rededicated the new building on March 31, 1922. '
In 1950 the lodges in Moose Jaw purchased the old YWCA building. The upper floors were renovated into suites and rented out but are no longer occupied because of new building codes and the cost of updating the building.
The following lodges also currently use the Masonic Temple in Moose Jaw:
Moose Jaw Lodge #3, instituted October 3, 1883
Doric-St. George Lodge #71, instituted December 7, 1910
St. George Lodge #136, instituted December 27, 1917
Memorial Lodge #172, instituted January 11, 1923